Postgraduate Studies Program in “Nanomedicine”
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens announces the launch of a new Postgraduate Studies Program (PSP) for the academic year 2018-2019, which leads to the award of a Master’s degree in “Nanomedicine”(pending the official publication in the government’s gazette).
The purpose of the “Nanomedicine” PSP is to provide a high level post-graduate education in Nanomedicine.
The PSP leads to the award of a “Postgraduate Diploma” in Nanomedicine (MSc in Nanomedicine) after full and successful completion of studies based on the curriculum. The PSP accepts holders of a Bachelor’s degree in the Departments of Medicine, Pharmacology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering and other related subjects.
Required documents are:
- A clear photocopy of identity document (ID) or passport.
- A clear photocopy of a diploma or certificate of completion of studies. Regarding diplomas or certificates from foreign Universities must have been issued by the Hellenic NARIC (http://www.doatap.gr/en/index.php – organization supervised by the Hellenic Ministry of Education. It is responsible for the recognition of university or technological degrees that are awarded by foreign Higher Education Institutions (H.E.I.). The Hellenic NARIC is also responsible for providing information about educational systems and accreditation of Institutions in Greece and abroad). During the application procedure a proof that an application for certification has to be submitted. The recognition of diploma or certificate of completion of studies by the Hellenic NARIC (which can be submitted by the end of the program) is a precondition for the award of the M.Sc. degree.
- Certificate of courses’ analytical grades
- Documentation of sufficient knowledge of the English language if needed (at least level B2).
- A curriculum vitae, which will include information about the studies, the research and/or professional activity and the scientific record of the Candidate (max. 3 pages)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- List of publications in journals or conferences (if any)
- Evidence of professional or research activity (if any)
- Any other document to support the application
The duration of the programme is one (1) year, including the time for diploma thesis. The possibility of part-time study is provided. Students in this category must have a proven record of working and submitting a work contract or an employer certificate.
Enrollment in the PSP involves a contribution of each student to the relevant operating costs, which amounts to € 2,000.00 for the entire duration of the program.
The language of the PSP is English. The course attendance is mandatory for the 80% of the teaching hours of each unit.
The application form can be found and dowloaded in the website of the Secretariat Postgraduate Studies department of the Medical School of Athens (www.grammateia.med.uoa.gr) and in the website of the Department of Pharmacy (www.pharm.uoa.gr). Applications for student candidates can be sent electronically to [email protected] or [email protected] from Monday 3rd September 2018, until Friday 21st September 2018. The selection process for candidates will be completed by Friday 28th September 2018 and the program will start on 15/10/2018
Athens, August 1, 2018
Peter P. Sfikakis, Professor Dimitros Rekkas, As. Professor
President of Medical School President of Department of Pharmacy